Tuesday, December 29, 2009
You would think after 3 years we would have a normal picture to post. I'm starting to think we aren't capable of normal pics. So here ya go. :)
LOL! Ha.... I think I'm so funny. Love you tea cup! (don't anyone try to steal our term of endearment. strictly ours.)
Saturday, December 19, 2009
To all our friends and family, we love you so much!
Have a wonderful Christmas!
Matt, Courtney, & Baby Shelby
(By the way, this is our Christmas Card this year... not that we've ever sent out a Christmas card... but I think this is a good step. One day...)
Thursday, November 12, 2009
At the reception.
Busting a move!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
1) The first time we heard the heart beat, it was really high (160 bpm), which means it’s a girl (old wives tale). But apparently the first time every baby’s heart beat is really high. So the second time, a month later, it was lower, 140 bpm which means it’s a boy. Who knows??
2) My Sister Whitney was telling me this morning a story about Jane (her daughter, my niece) who is 3yrs old. She was asking Jane about another friend of ours that’s pregnant, and asking if that friend should name the baby Sarah or Emily (those weren’t really the names, I don’t remember the real ones). So Jane sat there and thought for a sec, then blurted out, “Courtney’s baby is named Ariel!” HA! Whitney just started laughing cuz she wasn’t even asking about me. Then Whitney asked Jane, “What if Courtney has a boy, should she name him Prince Eric?” Jane immediately said to her, “Courtney’s baby is not a boy baby, it’s a girl baby!”
3) I had a dream…. It went like this: I was with my family at some house, not sure whose. My cousins and Aunt and Uncle were there (that means you Shannon). All of the sudden someone handed me a baby and said here’s your baby back. I took the baby but was thinking, what?? I don’t even remember going into labor. But I didn’t want people to think I was this horrible mother so I took the baby like there was nothing wrong. Then I was looking at the baby and it was wearing green. Ugh. So I’m thinking, does that mean it’s a boy or a girl. I didn’t want to ask anyone. Again, I didn’t want them to think I was loony, so I decided to change the baby’s diaper. I changed the diaper and bam, it was a boy! Those things are hard to miss. :) But it was so weird. The whole time I couldn’t believe the baby was mine. Then I looked over at Matt and asked him, “Did we name him (a name we’re thinking of. Top secret.)?” And Matt just looked at me and shrugged like I dunno. So crazy. Also, and this is kind of beside the point, I didn’t have anything prepared. No diaper bag, no nursery, and no underclothes that would help with…um… feeding. :) I had to borrow stuff from my cousin Shannon who just had a baby boy.
4) After talking with a few people who have had both boys and girls, they said that their girl pregnancy was a lot easier than their boy pregnancy. That hasn’t been the case with everyone. But some people. So far, my pregnancy has been great. I mean, not that I don’t feel anything, or don’t notice anything, but I haven’t been sick, I haven’t gained much weight yet…it’s just been easier than I thought it would be. So far. :) Not that it’s easy, sometimes it’s a pain, but I’m doing well.
There you have it. I hope you are now able to make an informative decision. I’ll leave you with a couple pics of the progressing belly.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Castle: Though Castle and Beckett both know they have strong feelings for each other, Beckett’s professionalism and Castle’s arrogance will keep them apart for another season. Let’s be honest, if it were not for these qualities of theirs, the show would totally lack the comic relief that makes it so popular.
Top Chef-Las Vegas: One of the “Brothers” will win it. They seem crazy talented. I am rooting for Jen though. She seems to always be at the top and has a quiet cockiness about her, which I kinda like.
Grey’s Anatomy: I don’t watch this show (saw the first two seasons) but I’m going to predict (this is kind of out there) that everyone sleeps with everyone. Yeah, I know, bold statement. Half way through the season, a new male character will be introduced and his secret is that he’s a VAMPIRE! Shhhh! Don’t tell. This is such a new idea that NOBODY will be expecting it!! He’ll obviously only work the night shifts.
The Office: Michael will struggle with the idea that Jim is Co-Manager of the Scranton branch. This will cause him to form alliances with Dwight, Creed, Kevin and Meredith. Their alliance will be called SSS. Scott’s Secret Society. Their mission will be to drive Jim and Pam apart by convincing Pam that Creed is a multi-million dollar music producer and needs Pam’s artistic eye in his upcoming project.
FlashForward: I am most intrigued by this show out of all the new fall shows. By far it looks like the most mysterious show. But then one night I figured it all out. So you know the one dude that was walking around the baseball field while everyone else in the world was passed out….. Voldemort. Nailed it! Not so mysterious anymore.
Project Runway: The battle for Bryant Park (is that what it’s called?) will be between Christopher and Logan. Christopher’s collection will be far superior to Logan’s, yet Christopher’s model will confess passionate love for Logan and Sabotage his chances at the win. Oh the drama!
The Mentalist: Patrick Jane will solve every case in the entire world! Did you know he secretly speaks 8 languages? He also enjoys playing Scrabble. I’ve actually never seen him play, but it seems like a game he’d like.
Lie to Me: Lightman will meet his match when a key suspect has his face completely burned off (yuck). This suspect is also deaf and communicates with sign language. Let’s see you work your magic now, Lightman!
So You Think You Can Dance: America’s favorite dancer will be banned from the competition before the finale for using performance enhancing drugs. Shame on you, Felix! Oh, he may or may not be named Felix. I’m going to say the chances are 60-40….so pretty good.
Glee: Half way through the season the show’s ratings will decline a bit. They will seek out a big celebrity for a guest appearance to boost ratings and Barack Obama will agree to a two show deal. Cuz we all know that’s what he really is…a celebrity. OH BOOM! ROASTED! Bring it on Dems. Bring it on.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Here are some fotos from today:
You know it's a Shelby when he/she is mooning people before birth.
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Well, today he got his revenge. Apparently I am now in love with a gay man.
I am sorry to say that I am already taken. I don't think it would have worked out anyway, for I am unable to....er....i dunno... fulfill your needs?? :-I Don't worry, I'm sure there is someone out there who will appreciate your black nail polish (by the way, is that a new trend, because I don't think it has been done before?), tight like a tiger jeans, and theatrical antics. There is nothing to worry about. Your fan base is huge, so keep on screamin' man! Keep on screamin'!
edit: I realize that those aren't really screen savers, but desktop backgrounds. Whatev. I think desktop background sounds lame so I'm sticking with screen saver. kpeacebye.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
(our two nieces, Jane and Kalle)you mow your lawn
Monday, May 4, 2009
Well, here are my thoughts
A sweet t-shirt
A volleyball (I got one as a birthday gift one year and you would be surprised at all the amazing things a volleyball can be used for when put in the right hands.)
A Decorative Lamp
A furry steering wheel cover
The Club (steering wheel lock)
A Beebe gun
A wrist rocket
A baseball mitt
Sensual Candles (for the ladies)
Not really that nice dinnerware
An RC car
Type “Random” into Ebay and pick out something from the results you get there.
A semi-difficult puzzle because if it is too difficult, and you can’t finish a puzzle, you feel pretty stupid, not that that has ever happened to me.
An Adam Morrison Jersey because you can probably get a good deal on one.
A concert poster because it is probably cheaper than tickets and after he stares at it long enough, he will feel as if he was actually there.
Maybe something will spark an idea so use what you want.
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Why do you keep trying to catch me ridin' dirty? I am a safe and responsible driver! Guess who has never been in an accident?? That would be me. Yes, I have received a ticket before but that's back when I was 16… ten years ago… it's not even on my record anymore. And the one I got a couple years ago driving home to Spokompton from Utah… yeah, I don't count that one either. It was somewhere in Montana and everyone knows it's okay to speed there… except for the stinkin' copper that gave me that ticket. So WHY copper?? Why? You don't think I have better things to spend my money on in this economy? You do realize that area is a total speed trap. At the top of that hill the speed limit changes to 70--exactly the speed I was going! I just wasn't at the top yet….but I was almost there. Ugh! And another thing, I'm all about breaking stereotypes, but you are the stereotypical Copper. Mr. Jellyroll, just because you got picked on a lot in high school does not mean you need to take it out on a upright citizen of this amazing free nation! I even studied history in college!! I don't know what that means either. And do you really need to keep your helmet and dark shades on? When is Spokane ever sunny? Seriously… Do the tax payers of this country a favor and go after the reckless drivers.
And one more thing… TOOTHPASTE!!!
This is a foto of the stinkin copper. Well... not really, but they could be twins!
ps I apologize to any GOOD coppers, or people with family members who are cops.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Doesn't this look like Narnia?
Top of Schweitzer
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I guess that means I have to think of something to write about. Hmm....
2) We don't have a life. Therefore there is nothing to post about.
I'm going to go with...
C) I'm a loser.
ps I think the sound is off. I don't know how to fix it... wish i was more of a nerd.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Stay tuned for Matt's recently completed project... the entertainment area. Can somebody say Plasma! :) It's a goodie.
Sunday, January 4, 2009
You can read a little about it here.
Utah Valley UNIVERSITY Alumni Game
I had so much fun seeing all my old teammates and coaches. It was also great seeing all the school's changes now that UVSC is a University (UVU).
We drove to Seattle for the BYU/University of Washington Football game. Cougs blocked the Huskies PAT with no time left to win by one point. It was a nail biter. This was also the loudest stadium I've ever been in. Thanks to our Wii friends for the tickets. :)
Wakeboarding ALL summer! Killer air Matt!
Elder Wickman from the seventy came for stake conference and stopped by to give my dad a blessing. It was pretty amazing. Tears were flowing a bit, if you couldn't tell by the picture.
Thanks for stopping by our blog all year. I'll try to post more often in 2009!