Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Shelby's Untold Stories of 2008

Matt wins an iPod for being the smartest kid in class. Not kidding. He took a job training class in Seattle for two weeks (I was lonely) and they had a test every day. His average score was like 99%. So... need insurance? Apparently this guy is really good at what he does. :)

The Lyn-Tron Charity Golf Classic

You can read a little about it here.


Utah Valley UNIVERSITY Alumni Game

I had so much fun seeing all my old teammates and coaches. It was also great seeing all the school's changes now that UVSC is a University (UVU).


The Spokane Falls were raging this year!

During the summer, Riverfront Park has amazing snow cones. The huckleberry flavor is money!


We drove to Seattle for the BYU/University of Washington Football game. Cougs blocked the Huskies PAT with no time left to win by one point. It was a nail biter. This was also the loudest stadium I've ever been in. Thanks to our Wii friends for the tickets. :)


Wakeboarding ALL summer! Killer air Matt!


Elder Wickman from the seventy came for stake conference and stopped by to give my dad a blessing. It was pretty amazing. Tears were flowing a bit, if you couldn't tell by the picture.


Elder Shelby returns from Honduras. We are all so proud of him!

Jason Mraz Concert! We highly recommend this concert if he ever comes to your town. He is insane live! Here is the song you all know...



Thanks for stopping by our blog all year. I'll try to post more often in 2009!

5 comments:

Shanicherie said...

You'd better post more often! First, I love your hair that color. Second, I love that picture where your whole family is red faced and teary eyed! :) And third, congrats to Matt on being awesome! Fourth...I dunno. But post more! I LIVE for the Shelby posts!

tara said...

smartest kid in class, huh? way to go buddy...and i definitly second the motion that we should see each other soon. we have guitar hero and mario kart, plus 24 starts like next week, so come over to the land of amazing technology. i hear you guys are rivaling us now though with the sweet tv. will you have any reason to come see us? lets get together...soon! ps i stole that line from your comment. can't wait to see you

tatum said...

oh, i love this post all around, i miss your family so much, you help me see people from time to time, tell them all hi from me and craig and kirsten too. you guys look amazing and your dad is in my prayers. much love to all the spokanites. =)

john and amber said...

What a fun post. It was great to hear from you, Court! You have such an awesome family. Tell them hi for us! Happy New Year to you, too!

the rutledge's- said...

Hey Court. How are you guys? I hope good. I liked the catch-up post, but bummed about missing you guys for the alumni thing. It ended up being super bad timing for us. Anyway, the good ol' UV days, those are great memories.