Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Never Ending Project...Completed!

The title says it all. This project, of painting our dining room table, took 3 months. That might not seem too long, but we expected to get it done in a weekend...2 max. I guess we didn't realize how long it takes to sand everything down, put a couple of coats of paint and finish on, and reupholster chairs (very misleading project). We are very pleased with the finished product!
Here are the fotos...

This is the only before pic I could find. It's from x-mas of 2007. I guess I didn't think to take my before picture.

Matt sanding everything down in the garage. A bit dusty...

Table in dinning area half painted. It was too cold to paint in the garage.

The Master Painter at work.

The new upholstery on our first completed chair. You'll never guess where I got this Pottery Barn looking fabric.... Starts with a Wal and ends with a Mart.


Completed!


I think the hard work paid off for sure! Yes I'm bragging. That is one good looking table.


Stay tuned for Matt's recently completed project... the entertainment area. Can somebody say Plasma! :) It's a goodie.

7 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Yes! We do have a Wii! Do you? What's your number thingie? We only ever play Mario Kart though. Let me know!

Terrence and Kestlee said...

Court, the table looks amazing! Nice work! I love the chairs... good old Wally World, huh?

Terry and Kelci said...

That is amazing Court! I love it...didn't know you were so Becky-homeckie! good job...way to be court...way to be! Haha!

tara said...

nice work buddy. i'm proud to say that i've seen the 8th wonder of the world in person. consider me inspired.

Blecca and R Home said...

we are still working on ours. its almost done!!!

Unknown said...

AND... it is FABULOUS! Great work you two! We hope you are doing well!

Shanicherie said...

Dude, it's been like 3 months since you posted something! This is like my only way of making sure Matt is taking care of you, so update! I wanna see more of what you guys have done with your place!