Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Olympic Yearbook Awards

The Kanye West Award: Usain Bolt

He's good, and he knows it.





Cutie Ba-tootie Award: Shawn Johnson
Can you find a cuter person in the Olympics?? I think not. Did anyone else think she was the best female gymnast? I mean Lukin is good, there's no doubt about that. But I felt Shawn was by far the best in everything. I love how happy and excited she looked when she found out she won the gold on beam. Glad she finally won that gold! Totally deserved it.


USA MVP: Jason Lezak

I know Phelps is insane and a freak of nature cuz he's crazy good, but honestly... if it weren't for this guy's amazing last 50-meter swim in the Men's 4 x 100 Relay, we would be talking about how Phelps almost became the greatest olympian ever.




In need of Anger Management: Angel Valodia Matos, Cuban Taekwondo Fighter

The fighter kicked the referee square in the face in protest at being disqualified during his bronze-medal match. Lay off the roids dude!

Hot Bods Award: Misty May-Treanor & Kerri Walsh

Sure there are numerous athletes that could easily be selected for this catagory. I mean, they're all athletes, and all ripped. Yet these ladies wore white bathing suits, while playing volleyball, in the rain! So hands down, they get this award.



Can you guess???

Yes, Most Likely to Have Fake ID's: Chinese Gymnastics

This has been a little overdone in the media so i'm going to let it go. Stinkin' 13 year olds!


Best Injury: That weight lifting dude that dislocated his elbow. Eww!!

No picture on this one. I don't want your upchuck reflex to ruin your keyboard. You can thank us later.



The Class Act Award: USA Men's Basketball

I've been really impressed with the way the Men's team has acted this Olympics. They played like the greatest team in the world...which they are, and truly seem humbled and honored to be representing their country. I'm not even a big Kobe fan, but I respect the way he has handled himself on the court and in interviews. Plus, I love how Lebron and Kobe were at the swimming meet cheering on the men's relay team and Phelps. Ha! That was great.
.
Heartbreak Award: Lolo Jones
I'm about to cry thinking about it. It honestly pains me to try and come up with something to write. Read about it here.





MR. OLYMPIAN: Mr. Michael Phelps

If you're not sure why he wins this one, then we can no longer be friends.




3 comments:

adamf said...

Bolt's act got tiresome after the 35th double-hand point gesture, or whatever he was doing... roids?

Johnson is definitely the cutest, maybe ever, in the entire history of the olympics. I don't know who would challenge her.

I hadn't heard about the Taekwondo fighter, sounds like something out of WWE... I KNOW, maybe he and the ref are BOTH HUGE FANS of it, and wanted to pull off some crazy stunt. The fracas must have been stopped before they could get to the smashing through tables and beating each other up with chairs.

Re: Hot Bods, I have to agree with you, but just one look at Phelps there suggests he has a strong case as well... maybe he intentionally tried to flex every muscle in that shot. Makes me feel like a marshmallow. Perhaps if he had to swim with sand all up in his swimsuit it would be a more even Hot Bods competition. I also have to nominate Dara Torres as well.

the rutledge's- said...

I felt so bad for that girl who lost right at the end of the hurdles. That seriously almost made me cry as well.

john and amber said...

Courtney-- these awards were awesome. I totally agree with them, you crack me up! I might just have to copy this post from you...but don't worry, I'll give you the credit! :) John and I loved watching every minute of the Olympics this year...sounds like you guys did too. Hope all is well!