Friday, May 14, 2010

Dylan's Blessing

This past Sunday was Dylan's baby blessing. We were so lucky to have so many friends and family there. Mommy worked hard to have everything ready and taken care of so Dylan would be sleeping during the blessing. Dylan had eaten, pooped, spit up and was all sleepy by time we put her in the car seat. On the way to church she fell asleep, just like I planned. Dylan usually sleeps for a good hour to an hour & half so I felt like all my work was going to pay off. But right as the 1st counselor was announcing that there was going to be a baby blessing, Dylan woke up and her big wide eyes were staring at Daddy. I started to feel a little nervous, hoping she wouldn't cry during the blessing. Matt brought her up to the 12 man circle, (could it be any bigger?? seriously!) gave a beautiful blessing and Dylan was content the entire time. The cutest part was when Matt held her up at the end and Dylan, still wide eyed, stared over the congregation. It was adorable! After the blessing, Matt handed her to me and Dylan passed out in my arms moments later. So as you can see (or read), Dylan just wanted to be awake for her blessing. :o)

We were lucky to have one of Matt's good friends from college come up from Utah who is a great photographer. He took many adorable pictures of Dylan and the family including the one above. You can see more at his blog: http://www.afrenza.blogspot.com
Thanks again Adam!!

7 comments:

Shanicherie said...

Oh my goodness, I went and looked at the photos...SO CUTE! And the one where Matt's holding her with I'm assuming his dad/grandpa (?) and she's looking up at him...OOOOOHHH!!!

Erica Yates said...

Wow! What great photos! And don't feel bad about 12 guys. A guy in my ward had 22. I'm not kidding. It was rediculous.

tara said...

she's so cute seriously...so, i'm a little on the offended side that i had no idea this so called blessing was to occur last sunday. just for the record, i was mad at you for like 1.5 seconds. apparently the circle was bit enough, though, so i guess i'll let this one pass. she's beautiful. i really want to squeeze her. well done, my friend

Rachel said...

congrats court! so cute! love adam's pics!

KKKTMSHELBY said...

It was definately a perfect blessing day! She was gorgeous! And the food was divine.

Can you or Adam forward us some of those cute pictures ...

megvarg said...

Wish we were there!!! She is beautiful, you look fantastic and Matt looks so content! Love you.

Rebekah said...

So I just found your blog off of kelcy's page... CONGRATs on your little girl, so beautiful! isn't motherhood a crazy and fun time?? I love it too. My blog is private, but if you wanna see it email me at rebekahsaves@live.com. So good checking up on your life:)
love, Rebekah Peterson