Monday, September 15, 2008

THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH!!!!

Yes, I'm talking about Disneyland, and yes, it's still the happiest place ever! I have been there quite a few times, growing up in California and all, but Matt has only gone one previous time when he was young and can't even remember it. We went on a perfect day (cloudy, during the school year, on a week day) that wasn't too crowded which allowed us to go on all the best rides a few times.
After a long debate, and some hard thinking, we came up with our list of best rides:
1) Screaming California (California Adventure)
2) Indiana Jones (Disneyland)
3) Hollywood Hotel Tower (C.A.)
4) Soaring Over California (C.A.)
5) Space Mountain (D)
Actually, if you scrambled all these, the list would still probably work for us.

Here are some pics from the day.
Our Niece Kalle (like Halle Berry, but Kalle) loves Belle and the "doggy" show, so we snapped pics of the REAL Belle and Q. Devil (not going to try to spell that one).


This is the scary Hollywood Hotel Tower. Super scary, but super fun!! See the open windows...?


That's where the elevator would open right before it dropped. AHH!!






Waiting in the massive (or non existent) line of the Indiana Jones ride.

In front of California Adventure...
(click on for larger view)


And last but not least, words of advise from Indiana himself!

9 comments:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Hey.. grrrrr entry! I look forward to visiting Disneyland next summer :) Just blog-walking and I'm happy to have stumbled on yours!

adamf said...

I've never been to California Adventure, but I love the Indiana Jones ride. I went with my family (and nephew) about 10 years ago in January and there were like 50 people in the whole park. It was great.

Christensen family said...

Looks like you had a Great time! We are glad you are back! AHHHH Disneyland is the happiest place on earth. We loved our trip there last year!

tara said...

lucky bums! i went to disneyland once with the fam. they all got there like 3 days before i did because i was still in school in november. all i heard the whole time was how less crowded it was before i got there (the weekend). yeah, awesome family, i know. sorry to say, we won't be makin it back for the office. wish we were. we definitly miss you guys tons. enjoy it without us...if you can

tara said...

ps...my list is almost the same, but i'd have to throw in splash mountain. hello, its a total classic my friends.

Rachel said...

disneyland? you know i'm jealous

Katie and Randy said...

The Hollywood Tower scared the crap out of me! Other than that, I would also have to agree with your list. We went two summers ago and it was still a blast as an adult...almost adult.

Terry and Kelci said...

Tag...your it! Look at my blog on what to do!

Tessa said...

How fun! Love the pics. And I think it's Cruella (like cruel turned into a name) - but don't hold me to it. Hope to see you guys soon!!!